Consultancy and Services
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DESIGN AND WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT FOR PRIVATE SECTOR FOUNDATION UGANDA (PSFU)
PROCUREMENT REF. NO: PSFU/YAW-LFS/CONS/22-23/00133
- Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU), Uganda’s apex body for the private sector, represents over 300 business associations, corporate private enterprises and public sector bodies supporting private sector development.
- PSFU now invites sealed proposals from eligible consultancy firms to design and develop its website. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the PSFU Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual and is open to all eligible firms.
- Click here to download Request for Proposal documents and detailed Terms of Reference.
- There shall not be a pre – proposal meeting, except if requested by prospective bidders.
- Address for obtaining more information, clarification, and submission of proposals:
Private Sector Foundation Uganda, Plot 43, Nakasero Road – Kampala
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
OPPORTUNITY FOR BUSINESSES TO GET GRADUATE EMPLOYEES, EQUIPPED WITH ADEQUATE SKILLS THROUGH A WORK READINESS PROGRAM
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU) and Enabel with funding from the European Union are implementing SG+ Project that has two components.
One of the components; the Work Readiness Programme (WRP) provides support to private sector development through provision of adequately skilled
workers, with the aim of enhancing employability and productivity of young graduates from universities and other institutions of higher learning.
The WRP supports recent university graduates (up to 2 years after graduation) to acquire practical experience through placements to jobs in the sectors of i) manufacturing including agro processing, ii) construction, iii) tourism and iv) ICT. Through selected specialized training providers, the WRP will boost the soft skills of the graduates and equip them with the right workplace attitude to improve, their employability. In other words, this private sector-led
initiative is combining in-company on the job training with a specific coaching programme focusing on generic skills and attitude. A standardized curriculum framework for non-occupational, labour-market orientated training and workplace readiness skills will be followed.
The program is targeting a total of 1,000 graduates to be recruited in two years. The bulk of the WRP will take place in private companies and private sector associations willing to participate in the programme. PSFU in partnership with Enabel are therefore calling upon companies and associations interested in hosting and employing the selected graduates on a 6 - month paid placement, to express their interest. Companies / private sector associations that can apply (Eligibility)
Companies and associations expressing interest should meet the eligibility criteria below:-
• Operate in the targeted sectors (Construction, Manufacturing including agro processing, tourism and hospitality, ICT and digitalization)
• Incorporate and licensed with authority to operate in Uganda.
• Seeking new employees and having absorptive capacity for new employee(s) (Exhibit willingness to continue employing recruited graduates even after WRP).
• Having training and coaching capacity and/or be willing to engage in upskilling.
• Companies owned/managed by women are encouraged to apply.
How is it implemented?
Graduates will be placed at companies to acquire practical experience and will be equipped with the right workplace attitude to improve their employability. Graduates will be required for a 3-day off-the-job training every month for a period of 6 months in soft skills. All other working days in a month, graduates will be working at the host companies or associations.
Under this arrangement, PSFU / SG+ project will:
• meet costs related to graduates’ monthly stipend (80% based on company salary scale for new graduate recruits) for six initial months,
• provide Personal Protective Equipment based on occupation requirements,
• provide Group Personal Accident insurance during the first 6 months of the placement,
• Build graduates’ behavioral competences through WRP training on soft / generic skills, hence enhancing their employability and productivity. This will be a 3 day off the job training per month for 6 months,
• Provide a monthly facilitation to the company supervisor that will be assigned to the graduate during the transition period of 6 months to full employment.
Participating companies and associations in the WRP are expected to:
• Provide or assign a company supervisor that will guide, mentor and coach the recent graduates for the period of 6 months,
• Provide full time employment opportunity(ies) to graduate(s) upon their good performance after the 6 months’ period of WRP, for at least one year.
• Contribute 20% top-up on the graduates’ salary during the first 6 months, and then 100% salary payment onwards.
How to apply
Applications are to be done online. Visit website: https://sgplusuganda.org and click on the blue create account button, choose company under the account type when filling in your account details.
Note: ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Click here for more details.