At Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU), business growth is our business. Therefore, we are continually in search of the most talented individuals from around the globe. And we are proud to employ a dedicated and committed workforce that is diverse in gender, nationality and ethnic background. By continuously working together with the private sector, Government, Development Partners, and young people, our goal is to challenge ourselves and others to innovate, explore, and contribute positively to the private sector in Uganda & the region. We are an equal opportunity employer.
SHORT LISTING (PRE-QUALIFICATION) OF INDIVIDUALS AND FIRMS TO PROVIDE TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO LEAD FIRMS IN GENDER MAINSTREAMING PROCESSES UNDER THE YOUNG AFRICA WORKS – ENHANCING THE LEAD FIRM STRUCTURE FOR YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROJECT. REFERENCE NO: PSF/YAW/PREQ/2022/0001
- The Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU), Uganda’s apex body for the private sector in Uganda, is collaborating with MasterCard Foundation to co-implement the Young Africa Works Uganda – Enhancing the Lead Firm Structure for Youth Employment Project. The five-year Project has recognition for gender mainstreaming with a specific focus on the inclusion of 70% young women and 30% young men.
- Private Sector Foundation Uganda invites suitably qualified individuals and firms to submit sealed Shortlisting submissions for the provision of technical support to the lead firms in gender mainstreaming processes under the Young Africa works (YAW).
- Interested individual consultants and consultancy firms should provide satisfactory information that demonstrates that they have the required qualifications, knowledge and relevant experience as per the shortlisting criteria is indicated in the shortlisting document.
- Short Listing submissions will be evaluated in accordance with the Private Sector Foundation Uganda Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual. Short Listing is open to all eligible bidders (firms and individuals).
- Short Listing submissions must be delivered to Private Sector Foundation Uganda Plot 43 Nakasero Road Kampala, Procurement and Disposal Unit before 3:00pm 26th April 2022
- Click the link below to download information on the Terms of Reference
COVID-19 ECONOMIC RECOVERY AND RESILIENCE RESPONSE PROGRAM (CERRRP)
SECOND CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SUPPORT OF MSMEs
Background: The Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU), in partnership with Mastercard Foundation is implementing relief, recovery and resilience interventions under the CERRRP. The intervention is complementing the efforts of the Government of Uganda(GOU) in controlling the spread of COVID-19, supporting the government to develop National Strategy for Private Sector Development (NSPSD II).
CERRRP is also supporting profit oriented Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to build resilience against future economic shocks. PSFU will extend business development services (BDS) for an estimated 120 MSMEs in selected thematic areas.
PSFU invites interested MSMEs in the following sectors; Agriculture, Construction, ICT, Manufacturing, and Trade and Allied Services to apply for BDS support.
Objective: The intervention’s ultimate goal is to contribute towards national efforts on safety and business recovery and resilience in the face of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Project Specific Objectives;
- Increase capacity for prevention and testing of COVID-19 in Uganda.
- Enhance the capacity of institutions involved in health, quality and standards management.
- Support the recovery of enterprises from the negative economic effects of COVID-19 and increase their resilience to future shocks.
- Support government to develop and implement a post-COVID-19 Recovery and Growth Strategy.
Thematic Areas: The support to MSMEs will mainly focus on the following areas;
- Supply chain & sourcing
- New/Alternative route to markets/Digitalization
- Product Development
- Repurposing of current business assets to new product/services
- Standards and adaptation
- Business planning
- Business Advisory Services
- Installation of machinery
Eligibility for interested applicants:
- Must be a Micro, Small or Medium enterprise;
- Be duly registered and operating under the laws of Uganda;
- Be operational for a minimum of two (2) years from the time of registration;
- Be privately owned and not partially owned or controlled by Government;
- Must be operating in one of the selected sectors; Agriculture, Manufacturing, Construction, Trade and Allied services;
- Must be directly engaged in a profit-oriented business;
|Eligible Activities||Ineligible Activities|
|BDS activities aimed at increasing the production, productivity, market access, sales and consequently income in order to build resilience of the enterprise||Capital expenditure, employee costs including salaries and wages, other overheads|
- All inquiries will be responded to not later than 28th April, 2022.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the assessment not later than 1 month from the last day of submission.
Follow link to apply: https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/psfu_mastercard_msmes_cl2_app
The deadline for the submission of applications is Saturday 14th May, 2022 at 11:59pm East African Time (EAT).
*Youth and female led/owned MSMEs are encouraged to apply.